This is a site for speakers (and students) of the international language Esperanto at the University of Rochester, in Rochester, New York, USA.
(2022-12-15) New items in the library:
- Aventuroj de Alico en Mirlando, La, by Lewis Carroll. Translated from English by D. Broadribb. A newly revised, full-color edition of Broadribb’s translation.
- Domo ĉe Pu-Angulo, La, by A.A. Milne. A new translation from English by Edmund Grimley Evans of The House at Pooh Corner.
- Ardes, An original science fiction novel by Boris Tokarev.
- Peter Jameson’s Secret Language, A newly revised edition of the English-language story by Sylvan Zaft, about a group of 5th-graders who decide to use Esperanto as a secret language at their school … under the nose of an overly-controlling principal. Also available in a PDF version.
(2021-09-22) New print items in the library:
- Memoru ĉi praulojn, by Humphrey Tonkin. Essays about Esperanto literature.
- La vojo returne, a translation of Erich Maria Remarque’s Der Weg zurück, his sequel to the novel known in English as All Quiet on The Western Front.
- Pri lingvo kaj aliaj artoj, a collection of essays by William Auld.
- La danĝera lingvo, a scholarly study of the persecutions faced by early speakers of Esperanto in Germany, Russia, and east Asia.
(2021-09-18) New print items in the library:
- Beletra Almanako 38, Beletra Almanako 40, and Beletra Almanako 41, issues of a literary magazine with translated and original prose and poetry along with articles and reviews.
- Okuloj, the second edition of a collection of short stories by Marjorie Boulton. Okuloj is one of the essential readings listed in William Auld’s Baza Legolisto.
(2021-03-17) New ebooks in the library:
(2021-03-14) New print items in the library: